Last weekend was spent doing a photoshoot at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort just an hours drive from Brisbane. We have stayed at the resort many times and I always wanted to do a shoot here. So I was so excited when I got the chance!!
So what was the photoshoot all about? Well with Brisbane hosting its first Brisbane Fashion Month – I thought it was fitting to do a blog on “Red Carpet worthy” fashion items for your wardrobe. During the month there is the Undress Runway, Designer Q Fashion Parade, Brisbane Fashion Weekend runway events and Queensland Fashion Month Finale Party just to name a few!!!
Selecting the right thing to wear to these events doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Here are a few hints on how to do it right.
- Don’t be a slave to fashion when it comes to style or colour.
- Pick a style that suits you and you feel amazing in. If you feel great in what you are wearing, it will show!!
- It is Spring, so colour is everywhere, but black, white or navy will also look fabulous.
- Remember you are going to be standing and then sitting for a period of time so you don’t want to wear anything that is uncomfortable – you don’t want to be fidgeting with your outfit or having to adjust it all night.
- If in doubt about what shoes to wear – stick with a neutral shoe that suits your skin colour. It will elongate your legs and make you appear taller.
So here are a few of my picks from Lily and Bridge in Paddington:
We go some amazing shots at sunset!!